Friday, March 18, 2011

This Week's Events

So I haven't posted anything in over a week! What is wrong with me!? Let me just update you on some things that have been going on in my life..



1. There is now a set date for the Fashion Show, it will be held on July 15th at the Cereal Box, which is a Friday night. It will be an exclusive event and you will need to purchase tickets that will cost no more than $10 each.

2. I had an interview with the Townsville Bulletin today!! They are doing a feature on me about my clothes, when the article comes out I will definitely post a copy of it here!

3. I am currently amidst a busy university semester that involves alot of writing and loads of study. Eeeek.

4. I'm currently designing and starting to make the new designs that I have drawn. I am busy making a dress involving lace at the moment. To get everything done I will need to make at least two garments a week....oh man.

5. My Fashion Column is also underway, I have an interview next week with a man who designs his own t-shirt line. I'm also working on a Street Style section of my column where I am photographing girls with unique styles and then writing a small caption with each photo. (If you would like to be in it, more information will be put up soon). A Winter Trends piece is also on the draftboard where I will be showing girls how to achieve a certain look.

6. My photographer friend is also going to photograph me on Monday for my lookbook, so look forward to many more outfit posts from me. I've had a bit of a drought there! 

7. I just submitted an application form Starburst which is a program run by Youth Arts Townsville. A program that helps young people get their creative ideas off the ground. Receiving their grant will be excellent in helping put together the fashion show and being able to continue designing. I really encourage young people to go for this in the future!! There's just so many opportunities out there that most of us aren't even aware of. So please, if you have a talent, I say GO FOR IT!

Here is a sneak peak of some of the clothes I will be photographed in on Monday, they include my latest online indulgences and some sweet vintage finds that I've modified. Check back to see how I've styled them!







Thank you to my recent new followers and for those who always check my blog, it's nice to feel that my blog is being read!! Have a lovely weekend all!




No comments:

Post a Comment